Basic Cooking TipsBy: Angela Tyler
Everyone can use some basic cooking tips. We offer you ten of the best cooking tips to help you cook cleaner, faster and healthier.
1. Easy clean up for your microwave – Keep a paper plate in the microwave to catch messy spills. When it is time to clean, just throw the paper plate out and replace with a new one.
2. Always crispy fried fish - Your fish will be perfectly fried if you put it in a little milk before flouring it. Also, put it into the pan when the oil is very hot, but not smoking. Your family and you will love the crispy coating.
3. Kitchen Tricks - Don't throw out trimmings from onions and celery. Instead, freeze them to use later when you make stock or broth. They will have a rich taste.
4. Juice Your Lemons Juicier - For lemons that are really juicy, try this little trick. Just before you squeeze the lemons, put them in hot water. You can also place lemons in a preheated warm oven. These warmed up lemons give much more juice.
5. An Apple a Day - When you eat outside on a camping trip, if anyone forgets their toothbrush; always keep an apple in your backpack. The apple not only helps to digest your food, it cleans and disinfects the mouth.
6. Ripening Fruits and Vegetables - A lots of fruit and vegetables found in supermarkets today look ripe but are hard as a rock. Put them in a brown paper bag and hide the bag away in a dark cupboard for a day or two before you eat them.
Use this great tip for items such as avocados, bananas, kiwi fruit, peaches, nectarines, and many more.
7. Prepare a Quick Salad - Serve salad ingredients on a bed of lettuce rather than tearing the salad greens into small pieces. Just lay a few lettuce leaves on the plate and layer it with a slice of tomato, cucumber, red onion and olives.
8. Tender Meat – You can tenderize meat using one to two tablespoons of vinegar. You can do a quick marinade with vinegar and spices. Leave in the refrigerator 10-15 minutes then cook.
9. Wilted vegetables – You can perk up wilted vegetables by soaking them in 2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
10. Wooden Skewers – Shish kebabs are a healthy meal and delicious meal especially for summer outdoor cookouts. When using wooden skewers for kebabs, keep them from burning by soaking in cold water for 10-30 minutes before you put them on the grill.
Angela Tyler is a mom who would rather play than cook. If that sounds like you, you won't want to miss www.FreeQuickRecipes.com. And, if frugal cooking is your thing, then check out the www.freequickrecipes.com/frugal-cooking.php>Frugal Cooking Recipes on the site.